2.18.2013

Past BSB Event Stories - Week 4


Those Backstreet Boys, they just love testing our patience don't they? Teasing away about being in the studio and in meetings. TELL US SOMETHING!!! We need our fix! And hopefully some amazing and hilarious stories from this bound to be epic 20th anniversary year. But until then, we continue on with stories from the past. We didn't get any submissions with week, guess everyone was busy with Valentine's Day ... or should I say gettin' busy! ;) That's ok though, Dianne here and I'll share one of my experiences.

Now, I'll preface this story with a bit of background info. As you may or may not know, I kind of have this thing about asking the boys, especially Nick, if they've ever licked a battery. Don't ask me why, I just think it's funny. So ...

It's August 2011, Nick seems to be here in Toronto every other day (not that I mind) and this website called iVillage Canada is running a contest to go see Nick at an intimate show. All you had to do to enter was send them a question to ask Nick. So of course I'm sending away, trying to win me some tickets, and eventually, I'm running out things to ask. Now, I'm operating under the assumption that, considering a bunch of people are spamming them with tons of questions, they are not actually reading all these questions. What do I have to loose? So I send my question "Have you ever licked a battery?" Well, I didn't win ... :( ... But my friend Sofia did and because she's the best, she took me as her plus one! :)
Fast forward to the day of, we're waiting in line to get inside, along comes this woman who works at the site. We start talking to her and she tells us about how she was the one in charge of the twitter account and how she read all the tweets and they were so funny and ... well ... you can see where this is going. Next thing I know she telling us all about this weird person who wanted them to ask Nick if he's ever licked a battery. I couldn't hold it in. I burst out laughing and said "that was me!!" We all had a good laugh and of course I had to explain why I would ask such an odd question, but to this day, almost every time I tweet that iVillage Canada account, they tweet me back ;)

Now don't leave me hanging here, I know there's a bunch of you out there just as crazy as I am. Send us your stuff!! Not exactly a wizard with words? No worries, we'd be happy to help you put your story into the perfect Noisy blog post. Still not feeling it? Send us your hilarious VIP pic! No writing required! backstreetnoiseproject@yahoo.com

Now let's all cross our fingers and hope by next week we'll have news of NEW BSB events! See you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment